Managing pain and fatigue
Pain and fatigue can prevent or limit the things you want to do, or need to do. It can also make existing symptoms worse, such as depression, lack of sleep, stress and anxiety.
- Continue taking any regular prescribed medications and follow advice from your doctor
- Understand the causes of your pain or fatigue and problem-solve them
- Exercise at a gentler pace and build it up gradually. If you can’t exercise try going outside to get some fresh air
- Eat well balanced meals and drink plenty of fluids
- Have enough rest periods throughout the day
- Ask others for help when necessary
- Establish regular sleep patterns
If you are unable to self-manage your pain and fatigue or levels increase, speak to your doctor.