Eating well is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. The Eatwell Guide helps you eat a healthy balanced diet, showing you how much of what you eat overall should come from the 5 food groups.
Click on the link below for a full size view of the Eatwell Guide:
The Guide explains that to have a healthy balanced diet you should:
- Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
- Choose wholegrain or higher fibre starchy carbohydrates with less added fat, salt and sugar
- Eat more beans and pulses, 2 portions of sustainably sources fish per week (one oily) and eat less red and processed meat
- Choose lower fat and lower sugar dairy and alternatives
- Choose unsaturated oils and use in small amounts
- Eat foods high in fat and sugar less often and in small amounts
- Drink 6-8 glasses of fluid a day. Water, lower fat milk and sugar-free drinks, including tea and coffee all count. Limit fruit juice/smoothies to a total of 150ml per day
- Check the label on packaged foods – use traffic lights to choose foods lower in fat, salt and sugars
Let’s get can help you to choose healthier options, for example check out recipe pages for a delicious range of healthy meals and snacks.
For more information visit The Eatwell Guide