After clean water, vaccination is the most effective public health intervention in the world for saving lives and promoting good health. Vaccines protect not only you, but others around you.
Top reasons to get vaccinated
- Immunisation could save your life from potentially fatal diseases
- Vaccination is safe and effective
- You can protect those you love and help to protect those who cannot protect themselves, such as newborn babies or someone with an immune deficiency
- You may be at increased risk of complications from disease if you have a chronic health condition or a weakened immune system and do not get vaccinated
- Being sick from vaccine preventable illness can have serious implications on your time, finances and work commitments