1. Preheat oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
3. Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower, trim the stalk and cut into florets. Trim the stalk of the broccoli and cut into florets.
4. Add the pasta, cauliflower and broccoli to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain the pasta and vegetables and transfer into a large ovenproof dish then sprinkle over the sweetcorn.
5. Meanwhile in a medium-sized saucepan heath the milk gently.
6. Put the cornflour in a cup with a little cold water and mix to a thin paste. Stir the cornflour paste into the heated milk. Stir continuously until the sauce has thickened.
7. Add the mustard and season with black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 handful of grated cheese, stir until melted.
8. Pour the sauce over the pasta and vegetables and sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
1 head of cauliflower
1 head of broccoli
2-3 mugs wholewheat pasta
1 small tin sweetcorn
4 teaspoons cornflour
568ml (1 pint) semi-skimmed milk
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
Ground black pepper
2 handfuls of mature cheddar cheese