Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6) and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Put the flour into a bowl and add the margarine, rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar, cinnamon or mixed spice and raisings to the flour mixture.
4. Stir in the egg and enough milk to make a stiff, crumbly mixture.
5. Put rough heaps of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until light brown or firm to the touch.
220g (8oz) self-raising wholemeal flour
110g (4oz) margarine
55g (2oz) golden granulated sugar
10ml (2 teaspoons) cinnamon OR mixed spice
110g (4oz) raisins
1 egg, beaten
Skimmed milk, to mix