1. Chop the beetroot into small cubes.
2. Wash the celery, remove the stringy bits and slice.
3. Remove the rind from the oranges including the white pith using a sharp knife and cut between the segments removing the membrane. Cut each segment into half.
4. Wash the apples and chop into quarters. Remove the core and chop apples into small cubes.
5. Mix together the beetroot, celery, oranges and apples with the lemon juice in a bowl – the lemon juice will help prevent the apples from browning.
6. Wash, trim and finely chop spring onions
7. Beat the curd cheese in a bowl to soften. Stir in the yoghurt and spring onions. Pour over the beetroot salad.
8. Roughly chop the walnuts and sprinkle on top.
300g (11oz) cooked beetroot
2 sticks celery 2 medium oranges
2 medium apples
juice of ½ a lemon
100g curd cheese, e.g. quark
3 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
4 spring onions
40g (12 halves) walnuts