1. Preheat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
2. Peel and very finely chop the garlic cloves (use a garlic crusher if you have one).
3. Mix the chopped garlic with the margarine or olive oil and mixed herbs in a bowl.
4. Make slices across the French stick or cut the bread rolls in half.
5. Spread garlic margarine/oil in each slit of the French stick or on each half of the roll.
6. Loosely wrap in foil then bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon margarine OR olive oil
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 French stick or 4 small rolls - choose wholemeal or granary