1. Soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
2. Mix together all the ingredients and divide the
mixture into 12 equal balls. Refrigerate for
about 1 hour.
3. Mould the mixture around each skewer into long thin
sausage shapes about 12cm long.
4. Line the grill pan with foil and preheat the grill.
5. Cook under a moderate heat turning over frequently
until evenly browned and cooked through, this will
take about 12-15 minutes.
6. Serve with chutney and tomato salad.
450g (1lb) lamb mincemeat, lean cut if possible
1 large onion, peeled and diced fine
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced to a paste
2.5cm (1 inch) piece of root ginger, peeled and
minced to a paste
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon salt
25g (1oz) chickpea flour
1 egg yolk
12 wooden skewers