1. Preheat oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6.
2. Place the dried fruit in a pan with the apple juice and bring to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the banana, bread and cinnamon/mixed spice.
4. Spoon the mixture into an oven proof dish and pour over the milk.
5. Grate over a little nutmeg and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden brown.
Serve with natural yoghurt.
75g (2½oz) mixed dried fruit
150ml ( ¼ pint) 100% apple juice
1 large banana
140g (5oz) stale wholemeal bread, diced (about 4-5 slices)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or mixed spice
150ml (¼ pint) skimmed milk
1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Low fat natural yoghurt for serving