1. Shell the prawns and devein (remove the thin black
vein that runs along the back). Wash thoroughly and
pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Blitz the ginger, garlic, coriander, chillies, onion, salt
and black pepper in a blender into a paste.
Alternatively chop until minced into a coarse paste.
3. Heat the oil in shallow frying pan. When hot add the
cumin seeds and let it sizzle for 30 seconds
4. Add the prawns, fry for 3 minutes over a high heat.
5. Add the spice paste, fry for 1 minute.
6. Add a pinch of ground ginger and coriander.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of water, lower the heat and cook
for 1 minute until almost dry.
8. Serve the prawns with salad and lemon wedges.
450g (1lb) fresh tiger or king prawns
3.5cm (approx 1½ inch) root ginger, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
1 large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1-2 green chillies, deseeded, roughly chopped
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of ground ginger
Pinch of ground coriander
Lemon wedges and salad to serve