1. Preheat oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
2. Wash the potatoes then slice into thin slices leaving the skin on.
3. Place on a plate and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high power until slightly soft but still holding their shape.
4. Peel and slice the onion, peel and finely chop the garlic, slice the pepper into strips, slice the mushrooms and courgettes.
5. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
6. Add the peppers, mushrooms and courgettes, and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, paprika and season well with black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. In an ovenproof dish, layer one third of the potato slices, slightly overlapping each other, then add half of the vegetable tomato mixture.
9. Add another layer of potato slices and finish off with the vegetable mixture.
10. Mix together the soured cream and finely-chopped spring onion in a bowl. Add the rest of the potato slices to the sour cream and mix well. Finish off with the final layer of potato and soured cream mixture, and top with grated cheese.
11. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and brown on top.
2-3 medium potatoes (or sweet potatoes)
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
1 large courgette
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tin tomatoes
2 teaspoons paprika
Black pepper, to season
1 small tub soured cream
2 stalks spring onion, finely chopped
60g (2oz) mature cheddar cheese