1. Score a cross in the base of the tomatoes with a sharp knife.
2. Place tomatoes in boiling water one at a time for 30 seconds. Carefully remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and place in a bowl of ice cold water for around 5 minutes.
3. Peel and chop tomatoes and put aside.
4. Lightly stir fry onion, chilli and garlic for a few minutes.
5. Mix this with the chopped tomato.
6. Add black pepper, lime and tomato puree to the tomato mix.
4 medium tomatoes
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded
Garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of tomato puree