1. Make a slit down the middle of each sausage and remove sausage meat from skin, then cut into 4-6 pieces.
2. Dry fry sausage pieces in a large saucepan for 6-8 minutes until lightly brown, remove onto a plate and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, peel and slice the onion. Peel and chop carrots into small chunks. Quarter the mushrooms, chop up the pepper and chop up the green veg.
4. Add the onions to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the carrots, mushrooms, peppers, green veg, tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, herbs, tinned beans and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 20 minutes, adding the sausages halfway through cooking time.
6. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks. Cook potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender.
7. Wash and finely chop the leeks. Add to the potatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
8. Drain the potatoes and leeks and mash together with some milk.
4-6 pork sausages
1 green vegetable (leek, courgette, celery)
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 tin beans (e.g. cannellini), drained
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 large potatoes
1 large leek
Milk, for mashing potatoes