1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes without browning.
2. Add the cooked leftover parsnips.
3. Add the spices and continue to cook for 1 minute.
4. Make up the vegetable stock cube with 900ml of boiling water.
5. Add the stock to the parsnips and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the soup from the heat. Blend the soup until smooth using a hand blender or liquidiser.
7. Reheat if necessary and serve with a swirl of cream or creme fraiche.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
450g (1lb) leftover roasted parsnips, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 vegetable stock cube