1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the egg noodles. Cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Don't overcook the noodles otherwise they will become soggy. Drain using a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain again and leave to one side.
2. Meanwhile, wash and prepare the vegetables.
3. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over a moderate heat. When hot add the oil.
4. Add the minced garlic and ginger and stir fry for 20 seconds until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic and ginger.
5. Add the baby corn and carrot. Stir fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the peppers and mushrooms. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the mangetout or sugar snap peas and continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
8. Sprinkle over the soy sauce and add the boiling water.
9. Add the cornflour paste and allow the sauce to thicken.
10. Add the noodles and stir well to combine. Heat through for 1-2 minutes.
11. Add a couple of drops of sesame oil before serving if using.
Eat with chopsticks!
2 squares of dried egg noodles
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely until minced
1.5 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely until minced
1 small pack of baby corn, sliced in half on the diagonal
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 peppers, mixed colours, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
1 small pack of mangetout or sugar snap peas
1/2 pack mushrooms, halved
1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed to a paste with 2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cupful (150ml) of boiling water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)