Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1. Thoroughly wash the rice.
2. Chop all the vegetables into small chunks.
3. Place rice and vegatables in a saucepan.
4. Add the turmeric and ¾ of the vegetable stock.
5. Bring to the boil.
6. Turn heat down, cover the pan and cook gently for about 20 minutes stirring occassionally.
7. Add more of the stock if necessary.
8. Take off heat when rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
9. Serve hot, lightly sprinkled with Parmesan and black pepper (both optional).
250g (9oz) short grain rice or Arborio
250g (9oz) mixed vegetables
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
600ml vegetable stock
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (optional)
Black pepper to taste (optional).