1. Peel the potatoes and boil in a pan of water until soft - around 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and run under cold water until cool enough to touch. Chop into small chunks.
2. Fry the potato chunks, grated carrot and sweetcorn for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add the ground spices, ginger, lemon juice and chilli. Mix well and put the mixture aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
5. Take a sheet of filo pastry and form a cone. Add filing to the cone, leaving enough space to press the fiol pastry together and seal the join. Repeat for each sheet of pastry.
6. Brush oil on the samosas.
7. Place in a warm non-stick frying pan and cook gently until brown on both sides.
8. Put on baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes.
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 medium potatoes
5 medium carrots, washed and grated
200g (7oz) sweetcorn
4 tablespoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 teaspoons Chaat masala
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 chilli, deseeded
6 sheets filo pastry
1 tablespoon sunflower oil