Mixed feeding is when you combine breastfeeding with bottle feeding (either using expressed breast milk or infant formula).
If possible, it’s best to make sure that you and your baby get the hang of breastfeeding before you start mixed feeding. Breastfeeding is a skill that you and your baby need to work at – it can take several weeks to feel happy and confident with it.
Start4life provide lots of helpful information and advice on mixed feeding, including:
- Introduction to mixed feeding
- Mixed feeding challenges
- How to express your breast milk
- Introducing formula feeds
- Adjusting your milk supply
- Top up feeds
- Help and support with mixed feeding
However, if you have any worries or concerns, the best thing to do is speak to your midwife or health visitor.