Steps for registering a death in Dudley
- Funeral director will need to be chosen before the registration.
- Book an appointment with the register office when the doctor has sent the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death to the registrar.
Email the office with a contact number email@example.com
Call Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345 to book by telephone
- Certificates are issued at the end of the appointment and the green form for the burial/cremation is emailed to the funeral director.
- There is no charge to register a death. However, certificates cost £11 each.
- The register office does not accept cash. All payments for certificates are by card and preferably before you arrive for the appointment. A link to pay online will be sent to you.
- To ease the process and ensure details are correct, it’s helpful if you can find the persons birth certificate, marriage or civil partnership certificate and details of any change of names. A correction to details after the registration is a legal process with a fee of £90.