Steps for registering a death in Dudley
- Funeral director will need to be chosen before the registration.
- Book an appointment with the register office when the doctor has sent the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death to the registrar.
To book you can either do this:
- Email the office with a contact number email@example.com
- Call Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345 to book by telephone
- Certificates are issued at the end of the appointment and the green form for the burial/cremation is emailed to the funeral director.
- There is no charge to register a death. Please note: charges are made for a death certificate.
- The registry office does not accept cash. All payments for certificates are by card and preferably before you arrive for the appointment. A link to pay online will be sent to you.
- To ease the process and ensure details are correct, it’s helpful if you can find the persons birth certificate, marriage or civil partnership certificate and details of any change of names. Any correction to details after the registration, will incur a fee.
For further details on registering a death visit Dudley Council website