1. Preheat oven to 200?C/gas mark 6.
2. Wash fish under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. In a bowl, put all the spices together with the salt, garlic, ginger, lime juice and oil.
4. Place fish pieces onto a baking tray and cover with the masala paste. Turn pieces over to coat both sides. Cover and leave in fridge to marinate for 10-15 minutes. If you have time, leave for 3-4 hours.
5. Put fish tray into hot oven and bake for 20 minutes, baste with the marinade half way through.
6. Serve with salad.
4 x 125g (4oz) salmon fillets, skinless
For the spice mix (masala)
Pinch of salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced to a paste
2.5cm piece (1 inch) fresh root ginger, minced to a paste
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon chilli powder (to taste)