1. Preheat oven to170°C/gas mark 3.
2. Mix together the white flour, wholemeal flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Add oats, chopped dried fruit and cinnamon and mix well
4. Melt together the margarine and syrup in a pan over a low heat and pour over the flour mixture.
5. Mix ingredients together and place small spoonfuls of the oat mixture on a baking tray (ensure you leave space between each biscuit).
6. Flatten slightly to rounded biscuit shape.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
50g (2oz) plain white flour
50g (2oz) plain wholemeal flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
25g (1oz) brown sugar
100g (4oz) porridge oats
100g (4oz) dried fruit
75-100g (3-4oz) margarine
3-4 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
These biscuits can provide an ideal snack from children's lunch boxes. Using wholemeal flour will boost the fibre intake and the dried fruit will contribute to the recommended 5 a day. These biscuits are therefore a nutritious energy booster with maximum taste!