1. Fry mince on a low heat until brown.
2. Meanwhile dice onion and pepper and crush garlic.
3. Drain excess fat from meat, then add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pepper and lentils, cook for a couple of minutes (you can add a selection of other vegetables if you fancy).
5. Add the chilli powder and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Stir in tomato paste and ½ a stock cube, then add chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
7. Bring to the boil, then cover the pan and simmer on a low heat for about 20-30 minutes. The lentils will go mushy and almost disappear when they are fully cooked.
500g (1lb 2oz) mince beef
1 garlic clove
handful of red lentils
1-2 teaspoons chilli powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste/puree
½ stock cube
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin of kidney beans