1. Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces and fry gently in a saucepan with the oil, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes.
2. On a clean board, slice the carrot, celery and spring onions and add them to the chicken.
3. Add the flour.
4. Make the stock with boiling water and pour it over the chicken and vegetables.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Wipe clean the mushrooms and chop into halves OR drain the can of sweetcorn. Add to the mushrooms/sweetcorn to the soup and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Season with black pepper.
2 chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 sticks celery
4 spring onions
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 chicken/vegetable stock cube
1 litre (1 ¾ pints) water
8 mushrooms OR 1 can of sweetcorn