1. Drizzle the fish with lemon juice and sprinkle with
black pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a pan and add the onion and gently fry for 8-10
minutes until soft and golden brown.
3. Add the ginger and garlic and gently fry for
4. Add the green chillies and ground spices – turmeric,
cumin, garam masala, coriander, and salt and cook
for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, a splash of water and the bay leaves.
6. Add the fish pieces and cover. Simmer gently for 12-15
minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander.
8. Serve with rice or mixed vegetable rice and salad.
450g (1lb) mixed salmon and white fish fillets, skinless
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2cm (just less than 1 inch) piece of root ginger,
peeled and minced to a paste
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced to a paste
1 green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon of salt
2-3 tomatoes, skinned, seeds removed and diced
2 bay leaves
2 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped