1. Preheat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Prepare the fruit (peeling, chopping etc) and place chopped up fruit into an ovenproof dish.
3. Combine the plain and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl.
4. Cut the margarine into small pieces and rub the margarine into the flour using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs (make sure that your hands are dry and the margarine is cold from the fridge).
5. Stir the sugar and porridge oats into the crumble mixture.
6. Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Fruit filling of your choice:
450g (1lb) of fruit - such as apples, pears, raspberries, rhubarb (use fresh, frozen and / or tinned).
3 heaped tablespoons plain flour
3 heaped tablespoons wholemeal flour
2 heaped tablespoons margarine (cold)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons porridge oats