1. Put the smoked fish fillets in a saucepan and cover with 1 pint (570ml) of cold water. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 6-8 minutes. When fish is cooked, drain off water in to a jug and set aside. Transfer fish to a dish and wrap in foil to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile peel and chop the onion and chop the parsley
3. Melt the butter/margarine in the saucepan and fry the onion until soft
4. Add the curry powder and the rice with 16 fl oz (450ml) of the fish water and stir. Bring the rice to simmering point and cover with a lid, cooking gently for 15 minutes - add peas after 7 minutes of cooking time and stir
5. Meanwhile boil the eggs in another saucepan for 7 minutes until hard boiled, then peel and chop up
6. When rice is ready, flake the fish, removing skin and any bones
7. Mix together the rice, fish, egg, parsley, lemon juice and black pepper. Then serve!
1 lb (450g) smoked haddock/mackerel
2oz (50g) butter/margarine
3/4 teaspoon hot curry powder
8 fl oz (225ml) long grain white rice
1 mug of peas
Bunch of fresh parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
Smoked fish already contains a lot of salt so there is no need to add more. Serve the dish with vegetables such as spinach and broccoli to boost five a day intake.